Nuffnang

May 1, 2012

Malaysian Riots?

All over the world would have known by now about the riot in Malaysia, BERSIH 3.0 held on Saturday 28.04.2012. It was supposed to be a peaceful demo which was not legal as the court has ordered against it. They were also requested to do it elsewhere, at The The Stadium Bukit Jalil. The demo was instrumented by a group of people ( this does not illustrates ALL Malaysians) who are not satisfied with the Malaysian electoral system, mainly the opposition.




Image of  Dataran Merdeka


Al Jazeera reports via You Tube.

Nevertheless it was held at the vicinity of  Dataran Merdeka. Dataran Merdeka itself was off limits. Dataran Merdeka is a popular tourist attraction in Kuala Lumpur. Barricades were set up to prevent demonstrators from spoiling it. Inspite of that, somebody had instigated the crowd to do otherwise, that is to sit down quietly to make their stand instead of provoking the Police or vice versa. Everybody will defend their cause, it makes me confused. As Muslims we are not supposed to talk bad about others even if it is the truth (backbiting) or spread rumours (fitnah). 

I am writing here not to discuss who is right and who is wrong. What has happened has happened  and it is all in Allah's hand. Whatever the obvious reason or the reason behind it, I myself can only watch in dismay at what my country is heading towards, a civil war. This has happened all over the Muslim country, maybe peaceful Malaysia is next.

I am worried about the future of my children. What kind of life would they have. Would they be like Sami Yusuf or Maher Zain, they are Iranians and Lebanese respectively, brought up in England and Sweden respectively. I choosed them because they are successful and internationally renowned.  I mean, do I have to start to looking  for a suitable country to bring up my children too?

Does ones obsessions to be in the high office must be paid with all the blood that drop on that day (Bersih 3.0)? The who's who behind Bersih 3.0. Datuk Seri Anwar IbrahimDatuk Ambiga Sreenevasan , Datuk Seri and Datuk are titles conferred by Malaysian Royalties to outstanding performances in their individual credentials. Please also read on Datuk Ambiga's stand on religious equality too. Other at the back of the scene includes Datuk Seri Haji Abdul Hadi Awang an opposition Islamic Party President as well as Lim Kit Siang  a leader of the Democratic Action Party, also opposition.

As a Muslim, I am worried too, does my stand to be neutral would affect my aqidah. Would I be questioned in the hereafter if I do not pro PAS ( The Islamic Party) , would I go to hell for it. They did not call it as an opposition assembly, instead it is called as a human rights activity, hence the amount of participants.




Beautiful Malaysia Image by Lim Kok Wing



Lovely Malaysia Image by Love Able Malaysia


I love my country, I want my children to grow up here and I want to die here. Oh Allah please help protect my country.